In preparation for several upcoming high power rocket launches, I've spent some time over the last two weeks building up several more TeleMetrum boards. Five new ones, in fact, serial numbers 7 through 11. The first four are fully-loaded normal boards, the last one has a 100 gee accelerometer installed instead of the normal 50 gee part.

While I haven't yet tested 100% of the functionality on all five, I'm definitely getting better at loading and reflow soldering these boards. I found exactly one soldering defect, a bridge between two pins on the cc1111 noticed during initial visual inspection which was easily removed, and all five flashed and passed initial tests on the first try!

I also retrieved one of the OLPC XO machines from my son and loaded it up with Debian for the XO, then upgraded it to unstable so that I can use it as a ground station for receiving telemetry. Having a small machine with long battery life and a screen that is readable in direct sunlight should be a huge win!

Now that I care about having working AltOS bits on more than one machine, I took some time today and created a Debian package. In the process, as I stumbled over various issues, Keith was quick to jump in and help... as were fellow Debian developers on IRC. We now have a "lintian clean" package that's easily maintainable from our shared git repository, and yes, we even have man pages for all the utilities!

A special note for folks near Colorado. Weather permitting, this Sunday morning the 23rd of August, I'm planning to "drag race" my big Goblin airframe against Jason Chamberlin's similarly-sized Polecat Fat Man on long-burning Aerotech M650W motors at Chili Blaster. Even for those of us who fly high power model rockets every chance we get, a drag-race between 10-inch airframes on long-burning M motors is a special event. If you've never seen rockets like this fly, and/or would like to see a TeleMetrum board in action, this would be a great time to come hang out with us!